After selecting INVENTORY in the main menu, you see that part of the inventory that you have access to according to your role and responsibilities.
In the sidebar on the left you can select various aspects of the inventory:
- DEVICES: Hardware devices and hardware products
- SOFTWARE: Software products and instances
- SYSTEMS: Distributed Control Systems
- NETWORKS: Networks and data flow
- LOCATIONS: Locations
- PLANT ASSETS: Specifications of manufacturing processes etc. that you can use to structure your inventory items and access rights.
In the lower section of the sidebar you find additional items:
- IMPORT: Here you can import data files from Asset Discovery, CVE definitions, and more. As an end user, you will most likely not need to / not be allowed to access the Import section.
- EXTENDED: Here you can define custom data fields. As an end user, you will most likely not need to / not be allowed to access the Import section.
- SEARCH: Here you can search the inventory using complex queries.
The sidebar can be minimized by clicking on the left arrow in the upper left corner, should you prefer more real estate for inventory content. To display the sidebar again simply click on the visible margin.