You can get additional details about a software or firmware product by selecting the product in the software product inventory and then clicking on the Profile button in the command bar. Another way to launch the software product profile is to click on the product's name in other profiles such as device profiles.
The software product profile is shown in a new browser window. The following is a sample software profile for Windows 2008 Server.
In a software product profile you see the following sections that can be expanded and collapsed by clicking on the section's "+" or "-" button:
- Header: The product name, vendor, and version. If set, there may also be a picture, such as the vendor's company logo.
- General: General information such as the product category (for example, "operating system") and a link to the vendor's product page. Here you may also find product lifecycle information and the content of any custom fields.
- Comments: A more verbose description of the software product, if set.
- Known Vulnerabilities: Any known and published security vulnerabilities of this software product.
- Known Problems: A list of problem reports that have been issued for this software product, if any. For details check the problem management workflow in OT-BASE.
- Installations: A list of all installations of this software product, grouped by reference locations.
- Files: Any files that have been attached to this software product, such as installation images, documentation, configuration guidelines, user manuals etc.