You can get additional details about a hardware product by selecting the product in the hardware product inventory and then clicking on the Profile button in the command bar. Another way to launch the hardware product profile is to click on the product's name in other profiles such as device profiles.
The hardware product profile is shown in a new browser window. The following is a sample hardware product profile for a Siemens Scalance X204-2 network switch.
In a hardware product profile you see the following sections that can be expanded and collapsed by clicking on the section's "+" or "-" button:
- Header: The product name, vendor, and version. If set, there may also be a picture, such as a product photo.
- General: General information such as the product category (for example, "L2 Switch") and a link to the vendor's product page. Here you may also find product lifecycle information and the content of any custom fields.
- Comments: A more verbose description of the hardware product, if set.
- Known Vulnerabilities: Any known and published security vulnerabilities of this hardware product.
- Known Problems: A list of problem reports that have been issued for this hardware product, if any. For details check the problem management workflow in OT-BASE.
- Installations: A list of all installations of this hardware product, grouped by reference locations.
- Files: Any files that have been attached to this hardware product, such as firmware images, documentation, configuration guidelines, user manuals etc.