Importing OTbase Data
Now that we have configured Infinity with our OTbase credentials and the OTbase address, we can begin importing data from OTbase. To achieve this, execute follow the following steps.
- Select Dashboards from lefthand menu, then New Dashboard.
- Select Add a new panel.
- Dashboard type (top right) should be Table.
- Under the Query Tab, select the data source we created in the previous section (See: Adding a Data Source).
- The type should be set to JSON and enter the full URL of the dataset you wish to query. For example: https://10.0.0.101/ot-base/api/v1/devices?locationid=frk
- Next, click on the Transform tab
For the next steps, we will extract (parse) out the fields we would like to
- Add transformation > Extract Fields type
- Source = context (or column of your choice that requires expansion)
- Format = JSON
- Replace all fields = False
- Repeat for each column as needed
- Add Transformation type Organize Fields if desired to clean up the table. This let's you reorder, rename, and hide columns while preserving the data for reference in other dashboards.
- If you want to remove a column all together, use the remove columns transformation type.
Note: Grafana transformations are chronological so the order of the operations matter.